1. Banks, N. H. 1985. Surface area estimation of potato tubers. Potato Research 28: 487-495.
2. Baten, W. D., and R. E. Marshall. 1943. Some methods of approximate prediction of surface area of fruits. Journal of Agricultural Research 66: 357-373.
3. Bayram, M. 2005. Determination of the sphericity of granular food materials. Journal of Food Engineering 68 (3): 385-390.
4. Clayton, M., N. D. Amos., N. H. Banks., and R. H. Morton. 1995. Estimation of apple fruit surface area. New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticulture Science 23: 345-349.
5. Du, C. J., and D. W. Sun. 2006. Estimating the surface area and volume of ellipsoidal ham using computer vision. Journal of Food Engineering 73 (3): 260-268.
6. Eifert, J. D., G. C. Sanglay, D. Lee, S. S. Summer, and M. D. Pierson. 2006. Prediction of raw produce surface area from weight measurement. Journal of Food Engineering 74 (4): 552-556.
7. Frechette, R. J., and J. W. Zahradnik. 1966. Surface area–weight relationships for Macintosh apples. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers 9: 526-527.
8. Haykin, S. 1994. Neural networks: A comprehensive foundation. McMillan College Publishing Company, New York.
9. Hershko, V., D. Weisman, and A. Nussinovitch. 1998. Method for studying surface topography and roughness of onion and garlic skins for coating purposes. Journal of Food Science 63 (2): 317-321.
10. Humeida, M. A., and A. I. Hobani. 1993. Physical properties of pomegranate fruits. Journal of King Saud University Agricultural Science 5 (2): 165-175.
11. Igathinathane, C., and P. K. Chattopadhyay. 2000. Surface area of general ellipsoid shaped food materials by simplified regression equation method. Journal of Food Engineering 46 (4): 257-266.
12. Igathinathane, C., J. D. Davis., J. L. Purswell., and E. P. Columbus. 2010. Application of 3D scanned imaging methodology for volume, surface area, and envelope density evaluation of densified biomass. Bioresource Technology 101 (11): 4220-4227.
13. Jain, R. K., and S. Bal. 1997. Properties of pearl millet. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 66 (2): 85-91.
14. Kerdpiboon, S., W. L. Kerr, and S. Devahastin. 2006. Neural network prediction of physical property changes of dried carrot as a function of fractal dimension and moisture content. Food Research International 39 (10): 1110-1118.
15. Khojastehnazhand, M., M. Omid, and A. Tabatabaeefar. 2009. Determination of orange volume and surface area using image processing technique. Int. Agrophys. 23: 237-242.
16. Kumar, V. A., and S. Mathew. 2003. A Method for estimating the surface area of ellipsoidal food materials. Biosystems Engineering 85 (1): 1-5.
17. Makarian, H., and A. Rohani. 2011. Prediction of spatial distribution patterns of Hordeum glaucum steud. Population using neural network model. Journal of Plant Protection 24 (4): 471-480.(in Farsi).
18. Maw, B. W., Y. C. Hung, E. W. Tollner, D. A. Smittle, and B. G. Mullinix. 1996. Physical and mechanical properties of fresh and stored sweet onions. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers 39 (2): 633-637.
19. Mohsenin, N. N. 1978. Physical properties of plant and animal materials. Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, New York.
20. Ranjbar, I., M. H. Abbaspour-Fard., Y. Ajabshirchi, and A. Rohani. 2010. Prediction of John Deere tractor repair and maintenance costs by using two different structures of MLP artificial neural network. Agriculture Economics & Development 22 (2): 87-96. (In Farsi).
21. Razmi-Rad, E., B. Ghanbarzadeh, S. M. Mosavi, Z. Emam-Djomeh, and J. Khazaei. 2007. Prediction of rheological properties of Iranian bread dough from chemical composition of wheat flour by using artificial neural networks. Journal of Food Engineering 81 (4): 728-734.
22. Rohani, A., M. H. Abbaspour-Fard, and S. Abdolahpour. 2011. Prediction of tractor repair and maintenance costs using artificial neural network. Expert Sys. Applications 38: 8999-9007.
23. Rohani, A., and H. Makarian. 2011. Making weed management maps by artificial neural networks for using in precision agriculture. Journal of Agricultural Machinery Engineering 1 (2): 74-83. (In Farsi).
24. Sabilov, C. M., D. Boldor, K. M. Keener, and B. E. Farkas. 2002. Image processing method to determine surface area and volume of axisymmetric agricultural products. International Journal of Food Properties 5 (3): 641-653.
25. Therdthai, N., and W. Zhou. 2001. Artificial neural network modelling of the electrical conductivity property of recombined milk. Journal of Food Engineering 50 (2): 107-111.
26. Turrell, F. M., J. P. Carlson, and L. J. Klotz. 1946. Tables of coefficients for estimating oblate and prolate spheriodal surfaces and volumes from spherical surfaces and volumes. Proceedings of American Society for Horticultural Science 48: 326.
27. Vakil-Baghmisheh, M. T., and N. Pavešic. 2001. Back-propagation with declining learning rate. Proceeding of the 10th Electrotechnical and Computer Science Conference, Portorož, Slovenia B: 297-300.
28. Wang, T. Y., and S. K. Nguang. 2007. Low cost sensor for volume and surface area computation of axi-symmetric agricultural products. Journal of Food Engineering 79 (3): 870-877.
29. Zarifneshat, S., A. Rohani, H. R. Ghassemzadeh, M. Sadeghi, A. Ebrahim, and M. Zarifneshat. 2012. Predictions of apple bruise volume using artificial neural network. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 82: 75-86.