1. AghaAlikhani, M., H. Kazemi-Poshtmasari, and F. Habibzadeh. 2013. Energy use pattern in rice production: A case study from Mazandaran province, Iran. Energy Conversion and Management 69: 157-162.
2. Ahmadi, M., and M. AghaAlikhani. 2012. Energy use analysis of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) production in Golestan Province and a few strategies for increasing resources productivity. Agroecology 4 (2): 151-158 (In Farsi).
3. Ahmad, A. L., N. H. M. Yasin, C. J. C. Derek, and J. K. Lim. 2011. Microalgae as a sustainable energy source for biodiesel production: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15: 584-593.
4. Anonymous. Annual cotton statistics. Ministry of Jihad-e-Agriculture of Iran (AJMDC). 2012.
5. Anonymous. Annual agricultural statistics. Ministry of Jihad-e-Agriculture of Iran (AJMDC). 2011. Available from: http://www.maj.ir.
6. Anonymous. Cotton research inistitute of Iran (CRI). 2011. Available from: cri.areo.ir.
7. Brentrup, F., J. Küsters, H. Kuhlmann, and J. Lammel. 2004. Environmental impact assessment of agricultural production systems using the life cycle assessment methodology: I. Theoretical concept of a LCA method tailored to crop production. European Journal of Agronomy 20: 247-264.
8. Charles, R., O. Jolliet, G. Gaillard, and D. Pellet. 2006. Environmental analysis of intensity level in wheat crop production using life cycle assessment. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 113: 216-225.
9. Dagistan, E., H. Akcaoz, B. Demirtas, and Y. Yilmaz. 2009. Energy usage and benefit-cost analysis of cotton production in Turkey.
10. Dyer, J. A., and R. L. Desjardins. 2003. Simulated Farm Fieldwork, Energy Consumption and Related Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Canada. Biosystems Engineering 85: 503-513.
11. Dyer, J. A., and R. L. Desjardins. 2006. Carbon Dioxide Emissions Associated with the Manufacturing of Tractors and Farm Machinery in Canada. Biosystems Engineering 93: 107-118.
12. Emadi, B., A. Nikkhah, M. Khojastehpour, and S. H. Payman. 2013. Effect of farm size on energy consumption and input costs of peanut production in Guilan province, Iran. Journal of Agricultural Machinery (In press). (In Farsi).
13. Erdal, G., K. Esengün, H. Erdal, and O. Gündüz. 2007. Energy use and economical analysis of sugar beet production in Tokat province of Turkey. Energy 32: 35-41.
14. Iriarte, A., J. Rieradevall, and X. Gabarrell. 2010. Life cycle assessment of sunflower and rapeseed as energy crops under Chilean conditions. Journal of Cleaner Production 18: 336-345.
15. Khajepour, M. R. 1997. Principles of agronomy. University Publishing of Isfahan Industrial. Esfahan. Iran. (In Farsi).
16. Khan, S., M. A. Khan, M. A. Hanjra, and J. Mu. 2009. Pathways to reduce the environmental footprints of water and energy inputs in food production. Food Policy 34: 141-149.
17. Khoshnevisan, B., S. Rafiee, M. Omid, M. Yousefi, and M. Movahedi. 2013. Modeling of energy consumption and GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions in wheat production in Esfahan province of Iran using artificial neural networks. Energy 52: 333-338.
18. Kuswardhani, N., P. Soni, and G. P. Shivakoti. 2013. Comparative energy input–output and financial analyses of greenhouse and open field vegetables production in West Java, Indonesia. Energy 53: 83-92.
19. Lal, R. 2004. Carbon emission from farm operations. Environment International 30: 981-990.
20. Mirhaji H., M. Khojastehpour, and M. H. Abbaspour-Fard. 2013. Environmental impact study of wheat production in Marvdasht area of Iran. Journal of Natural Environment. (In press).
21. Mirhaji, H., M. Khojastehpour, and M. H. Abaspour-Fard. 2011. Global warming potential of wheat production in southwest of Iran. In 11th international congress on mechanization and energy in agriculture 2011-09-21. Istanbul, Turkey.
22. Mobtaker, H. G., A. Akram, and A. Keyhani. 2012. Energy use and sensitivity analysis of energy inputs for alfalfa production in Iran. Energy for Sustainable Development 16: 84-89.
23. Mobtaker, H. G., A. Keyhani, A. Mohammadi, Sh. Rafiee, and A. Akram. 2010. Sensitivity analysis of energy inputs for barley production in Hamedan Province of Iran. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 137: 367-372.
24. Mohammadi, A., S. Rafiee, S. S. Mohtasebi, and H. Rafiee. 2010. Energy inputs – yield relationship and cost analysis of kiwifruit production in Iran. Renewable Energy 35: 1071-1075.
25. Mousavi-Avval, S. H., Sh. Rafiee, A. Jafari, and A. Mohammadi. 2011a. Energy flow modeling and sensitivity analysis of inputs for canola production in Iran. Journal of Cleaner Production 19: 1464-1470.
26. Mousavi-Avval, S. H., Sh. Rafiee, A. Jafari, and A. Mohammadi. 2011b. Improving energy productivity of sunflower production using data envelopment analysis (DEA) approach. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 91: 1885-1892.
27. Ozkan, B., H. Akcaoz, and F. Karadeniz. 2004. Energy requirement and economic analysis of citrus production in Turkey. Energy Conversion and Management 45: 1821-1830.
28. Ozkan, B., R. F. Ceylan, and H. Kizilay. 2011. Comparison of energy inputs in glasshouse double crop (fall and summer crops) tomato production. Renewable Energy 36: 1639-1644.
29. Pishgar-Komleh, S. H., P. Sefeedpari, and Sh. Rafiee. 2011. Energy and economic analysis of rice production under different farm levels in Guilan province of Iran. Energy 36: 5824-5831.
30. Pishgar-Komleh, S. H., P. Sefeedpari, and M. Ghahderijani. 2012. Exploring energy consumption and CO [sub 2] emission of cotton production in Iran. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy 4: 033115-033114.
31. Pishgar-Komleh, S. H., M. Omid, and M. D. Heidari. 2013. On the study of energy use and GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions in greenhouse cucumber production in Yazd province. Energy 59: 63-71.
32. Rafiee, Sh., S. H. Mousavi Avval, and A. Mohammadi. 2010. Modeling and sensitivity analysis of energy inputs for apple production in Iran. Energy 35: 3301-3306.
33. Ramedani, Z., Sh. Rafiee, and M. D. Heidari. 2011. An investigation on energy consumption and sensitivity analysis of soybean production farms. Energy 36: 6340-6344.
34. Royan, M., M. Khojastehpour, B. Emadi, and H. G. Mobtaker. 2012. Investigation of energy inputs for peach production using sensitivity analysis in Iran. Energy Conversion and Management 64: 441-446.
35. Saeedi, M., M. Khojastehpour, M. H. Abbaspour Fard, M. Farsi, and A. Nikkhah. 2013. Calculating the energy indices of Button Mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) production: energy management approach. The Conference on Modern Management Sciences. Gorgan, Iran.
36. Samavatean, N., Sh. Rafiee, H. Mobli, and A. Mohammadi. 2011. An analysis of energy use and relation between energy inputs and yield, costs and income of garlic production in Iran. Renewable Energy 36: 1808-1813.
37. Singh, H., D. Mishra, and N. M. Nahar. 2002. Energy use pattern in production agriculture of a typical village in arid zone, India-part I. Energy Conversion and Management 43: 2275-2286.
38. Singh, S., and J. P. Mittal. 1992. Energy in Production Agriculture. Mittal Publications.
39. Snedecor, G. W., and W. G. Cochran. 1980. Statistical methods. Iowa State University Press.
40. Soltani, A., M. H. Rajabi, E. Zeinali, and E. Soltani. 2013. Energy inputs and greenhouse gases emissions in wheat production in Gorgan, Iran. Energy 50: 54-61.
41. Taheri-Garavand, A., and A. Asakereh, and K. Haghani. 2010. Energy elevation and economic analysis of canola production in Iran a case study: Mazandaran province. International Journal of Environmental Sciences 1: 236-242.
42. Tsatsarelis, C. A. 1991. Energy requirements for cotton production in central Greece. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 50: 239-246.
43. Wang, M., W. Wu, W. Liu, and Y. Bao. 2007. Life cycle assessment of the winter wheat-summer maize production system on the North China Plain. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology 14: 400-407.
44. Xiaomei, L., Kotelko, M. 2003. An integrated manure utilization system (imus): its social and environmental benefits. In: The 3rd international methane and nitrous oxide mitigation conference, Beijing, China, 17e21 November; (Lecture No.: AG056).
45. Yilmaz, I., H. Akcaoz, and B. Ozkan. 2005. An analysis of energy use and input costs for cotton production in Turkey. Renewable Energy 30: 145-155.