1. Al-Farsi, M., C. Alasalvar, A. Morris, M. Baron, and F. Shaihdi. 2005. Comparison of antioxidant activity, anthocyanins, carotenods and phenolics of three native fresh and sun-dried date (Phoenix dactylifera. L.) varieties grown in Oman. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 53: 7592-7599.
2. Al-Hooti, S., J. S. Sidhu, and H. Qabazard. 1995. Studies on the physio- chemical characteristics of date fruits of five UAE cultivars at different stages of maturity. Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research 13: 553-569.
3. AOAC. 1984. Official methods of analysis. 14th edition. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington D.C.
4. Awad, M. A. 2007. Increasing the rate of ripening of date palm fruit, Helali by preharvest and postharvest treatments. Postharvest Biology and Technology 43: 121-127.
5. Barreveld, W. H. 1993. Date Palm Products. FAO Agricultural Services Bulletin. Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations, Rome.
6. Biglari, F., A. F. M. Alkarkhi, and A. M. Easa. 2009. Cluster analysis of antioxidant compounds in dates. Journal of Food Chemistry 112: 998-1001.
7. Blanco, M., and I. Villarroya. 2002. NIR spectroscopy. A rapid-response analytical tool. Tractrends in analytical chemistry 21: 240-250.
8. Bukhaev, V. T., B. A. Abdul-Nour, and V. F. Noure. 1988. Physical and chemical changes in dates during ripening with special reference to pectic substances. Date palm Journal 5: 199-207.
9. Cen, H., and Y. He. 2007. Theory and application of near infrared reflectance spectroscopy in determination of food quality. Trends in Food Science & Technology 18: 72-83.
10. Edwards, H. G. M., T. Munshi, and M. Anstis. 2005. Raman spectroscopic characterisations and analytical discrimination between caffeine and demethylated analogues of pharmaceutical relevance. Spectrochimica Acta 61: 1453-1459.
11. FAOSTAT. 2011. Statistical Year Book of FAO, Available from: http:// faostat.fao.org.
12. Gao, X., P. H. Heinemann, and J. Irudayaraj. 2003. Non-destructive apple bruise on-line test and classification with Raman spectroscopy. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, ASAE Annual Meeting, St. Joseph, Michigan.
13. Ghiyamati-Yazdi, E. 2000. Biochemical Application of Raman spectroscopy 251 pages. (In Farsi).
14. Hashempour, M. 1991. Treasure of date palm. Amozesh keshavarzi Publisher. Karaj, Tehran. (In Farsi).
15. Hedayati, K., B. Emadi, M. Khojastehpour, and S. Beyraghi Toosi. 2013. The effect of ultrasound on the extraction of sugar and mechanical properties of sugar beet. Journal of Agricultural Machinery 3 (2): 144-153.
16. Ismail, K. M., and S. A. Alyahya. 2003. A quick method for measuring date moisture content. Transaction of the ASAE 46: 401-405.
17. Jahromi, M. K., S. S. Mohtasebi, A. Jafari, R. Mirasheh, and Sh. Rafiee. 2008. Determination of some physical properties of date fruit (cv. Mazafati). Journal of Agricultural Technology 4: 1-9.
18. Khodabakhshian, R., B. Emadi, and M. H. Abbaspour-Fard. 2010. Some engineering properties of sunflower seed and its kernel. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology 4: 37-46.
19. Kulkarni, S. G., P. Vijayanand, M. Aksha, P. Reena, and K. V. R. Ramana, 2008. Effect of dehydration on the quality and storage stability of immature dates (Pheonix dactylifera). LWT- Food Science and Technology 41: 278-283.
20. Lewis, I. R., and H. G. M. Edwards. 2001. Handbook of Raman spectroscopy, from the research laboratory to the process line. Marcel Dekker, Inc. USA.
21. Mireei, S. A., S. S. Mohtasebi, R. Massudi, Sh. Rafiee, and A. S. Arabanian. 2010. Feasibility of near infrared spectroscopy for analysis of date fruits. International Agrophysics 24: 351-356.
22. Nicolai, M. B., K. Beullens, E. Bobelyn, A. Peirs, W. Saeys, I. K. Theron, and J. Lammertyn. 2007. Nondestructive measurement of fruit and vegetable quality by means of NIR spectroscopy: A review. Postharvest Biology and Technology 46: 99-118.
23. Nikbakht, A. M., T. Tavakkoli Hashjin, R. Malekfar, and B. Gobadian. 2011. Nondestructive Determination of Tomato Fruit Quality Parameters Using Raman Spectroscopy. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology 13: 517-526.
24. Sahari, M. A., M. Barzegar, and R. Radfar. 2007. Effect of Varieties on the Composition of Dates (Phoenix dactylifera L.). Journal of Food Science and Technology International 13: 269-275.
25. Salari Kia, A., M. H. Aghkhani, and M. H. Abbaspour-Fard. 2014. Study of the effects of different levels of moisture contents and temperature on the specific heat capacity of two varieties of Iranian pistachio. Journal of Agricultural Machinery 4 (1): 30-36.
26. Sang-He, N., and C. Kyu-Hong. 2007. Nondestructive quality evaluation technologies for fruits and vegetables. Available from: http://www.unapcaem.org.
27. Schmilovitch, Z., A. Hoffman., H. Egozi, and J. Grinshpun. 2006. Determination of single-date water content by a novel RF device. Transaction of the ASAE 22: 401-405.
28. Schrader, B., B. Dippel, I. Erb, S. Keller, T. Lochte, H. Schulz, E. Tatsch, and S. Wessel. 1999. NIR Raman spectroscopy in medicine and biology: results and aspects. Journal of Molecular Structure 480-481: 21-32.
29. Williams, P. C., and K. Norris. 2001. Near-Infrared technology in the Agricultural and Food industry. St. Paul, MN: American Association of Cereal Chemists, Inc.
30. Withnall, R., B. Z. Chowdhry, J. Silver, H. G. M. Edwards, and L. F. C. de Oliveira. 2003. Raman spectra of carotenoids in natural products. Spectrochimica Acta 59: 2207-2212.
31. Myhara, R. M., J. Karkalas, and M. S. Taylor. 1999. The composition of maturing Omani dates. Journal of Science and Food Agriculture 79: 1345-1350.
32. Zhang, P. X., X. Zhou, A. Y. S. Cheng, and Y. Fang. 2006. Raman spectra from pesticides on the surface of fruits. Journal of Physics, Conference Series 28: 7-11.